Grin is a private and lightweight implementation of the mimblewimble blockchain.
Launched on January 15, 2019, Grin strives for scalability, openness, fair
distribution, and privacy by default.
Grin's Proof-of-Work consists of two sets of algorithms, one ASIC-resistant and one ASIC-friendly. Over time, the ASIC-friendly algorithms phase in, reaching 100% of the block reward by January 2021. Grin's first ASIC-friendly algorithm is Cuckatoo31+, which should maintain dominance until approximately April 2020.
The GRN1 miner comes in three form factors: a traditional form factor (GRN1), compact
form factor (GRN1 Mini), and an immersion form factor (GRN1 Immersion).
GRN1 miners are designed for Grin's Cuckatoo31+ hashing algorithm. They will NOT Work on Cuckaroo29+ or Cuckatoo32+.
GRN1 MINI – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
- Price: $2,000
- Estimated Performance: 70 GPS, 400 W
- Estimated Dimensions: TBD
- Includes PSU
- Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $500 total, one coupon per order)
- Donation: $100 to Grin development.
GRN1 – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
- Price: $10,000
- Estimated Performance: 420 GPS, 2,200 W
- Estimated Dimensions: 135mm wide x 170mm tall x 400mm deep
- Includes integrated PSU
- Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $2,500 total, one coupon per order)
- Donation: $500 to Grin development.
GRN1 IMMERSION – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
- Price: $20,000
- Estimated Performance: 840+ GPS, 4,400 W
- Estimated Dimensions: 1U server form factor
- Includes integrated PSUs
- Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $5,000 total, one coupon per order)
- Donation: $1,000 to Grin development.
IMPORTANT: This unit is exclusively for use in a liquid immersion cooling tank which you must purchase from a separate vendor. It will NOT operate in an air-cooled environment.
Obelisk will be manufacturing a maximum of 2,500 GRN1 units (60,000 chips), available
in first-come, first-serve fashion. GRN1 Mini units count as 1/6th, and GRN1 Immersion
units count as 2.
Only 2,000 GRN1 units are available in this sale. The remaining 500 will be sold by Obelisk at market-price when production is completed in October.
This sale will close on May 3, 2019. Obelisk expects to ship orders in October 2019.
To place an order, sign in or create an account on the Obelisk Portal, navigate to the "Orders" tab, and click the "New Order" button in the top-right corner.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or join us on Discord!